They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I think that is even more true when it comes to social media. Maybe on social media a picture is worth a million words? That being said, one of the best things you can do to promote your content on social media is to post or tweet photos with your message. My favorite tool to post images on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn is ShareAsImage.
ShareAsImage allows you to create custom graphics with text that you can easily post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest. You can also use these photos for your blog if you have a real estate blog. I think my favorite feature is that with ShareAsImage, they will format the graphic for you so it shows up in the news feed without it having to be clicked to be opened. To me this is a great feature because you don’t have to mess around figuring out what the latest size is for the photos on each social media site. ShareAsImage does the heavy lifting for you!
Another feature that ShareAsImage offers is the ability to share an image from a website or a blog that you are looking at. This is great if you find an article you want to share and want to post it on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn or Tweet it out to your followers. By posting a graphic you are more likely to get the article read or even better yet, shared.
ShareAsImage offers a free and a Pro account. The pro account is only $8 a month and offers:
- The opportunity to remove the ShareAsImage watermark that is on every graphic & add your own logo as the watermark
- 50+ fonts for your design
- 1000+ free images to use as your graphics
- Templates that make it easy for you to publish an image in about 10 seconds. This one took me about 5 seconds to publish to Twitter!
I love the features of the Pro account. It was a no-brainer for me!
How It Works
2. Next look to the bottom of the app and notice the canvas shape. Choose Original, Wide (Twitter), Tall (Pinterest) and Square (Instagram). Chose the canvas size based on where you are sending it. FYI, I choose Original for Facebook. Also, if you want to post it to more than one social media site, pick one first like Twitter, post it, then hit back to revise the image size and post it to the next social media site.
3. Enter your text in the text box area. You can change the font type, the color and size. To change the size, move the scroll bar to make it smaller or larger. The font can also be highlighted or outlined. There is also the option to add more than one text box. To move the text around on the graphic put your mouse over the text on the graphic and move it around. How easy is that?!
3. For the background image it can either be a plain color, a photo or image provided by ShareAsImage or you can upload your own. If chosing a photo you can apply filters to it such as black and white, sepia and more.
4. Now if everything looks good you are ready to send your image out into the world! Click the blue Save & Share in the lower right corner by your graphic. You can share it instantaneoulsy on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest. If you have a Buffer account you can also schedule it to be shared later using Buffer. You can also download the image to share on places like your real estate blog if you have one. Want to email it to a friend as a link instead of an attachment? Click View underneath the graphic and a new window will pop open with an option to email it to a friend.
ShareAsImage is an amazingly simple marketing tool that can give you an impressive boost when you post on social media. Pictures are by far going to be looked at more than text when viewed on the social media sites. Give yourself the upper edge by using ShareAsImage by quickly adding graphics to your posts using this fantastic marketing tool.
Have you implemented graphics on your social media pages? Do you find it easy or hard to do? Will a tool like ShareAsImage make it easier? Please tell me about it in the comments below!