Truthfully self-discipline has never been my strong suit. In fact something came to mind when I realized this a couple months ago. All of a sudden I could hear my high school band director’s voice in my head (yes, band dork here), “Jennifer, you could be excellent at playing the flute or at anything you put your mind to, if you would just have self-discipline.” Remembering this was like a light bulb going off in my head complete with fireworks. Finally grown up enough to learn this lesson? We will see!
Time to Be Accountable
A big part of self-discipline is accountability. I believe accountability is where most of us fall short. I am going to use this blog to hold myself accountable to my goals this year by publicly posting what my goals are for each month. At the end of each month I will review my goals, let you know how I did and what worked or didn’t work. I will also translate my findings into what you can apply to real estate marketing so you can implement what is working for me in your own real estate business!
1. Double my pageviews from 1,678 in December to 3,356
- Doing 1 Guest Post
- Sending new post alerts to my current emails subscribers
- Posting consistently on social media
- Improve linking between all of my posts
2. Add 30 new email subscribers to my email list
- Create custom landing page for Inman readers that read my guest posts
- Promote list on social media
- Ask current subscribers to forward my emails to their real estate colleagues
- Contact past clients and ask them to join my list
- Schedule contact for 1 week in advance
- Creating a consistent editorial calendar
- Using photos to increase engagement
- Engage with my friends and followers
4. One hour daily blog education
I am starting Ruth Soukup’s Elite Blog Academy today. My goal is to complete 4 modules by February 2nd.
5. 30 minutes a day working on new opt-in offer
Currently working on an idea for a complete real estate email marketing guide. Need to flesh out the idea, create an outline, the guide, tools and bonuses.
6. 15 minutes a day working on new email newsletter
I want to create a useful email newsletter with content that is exclusive to those on my list. My current thought is to showcase tools or ideas that will make agent’s lives easier. Need to work on this idea and research good examples.
- 3 marketing posts
- 3 personal posts
- 1 goal setting & recap
- 1 guest post (One is in the works at Inman and is being published tomorrow!)
Stay tuned for an update on how January went for me plus marketing ideas that I have used that will help you meet your goals!
Do you set goals yearly and break them down daily and monthly? Do you need help with accountability? Tell me about your goals in the comments below and let’s check in together in a month!