On Monday evenings at 8pm central time, I am fortunate to be a part of a Twitter chat with Real Estate Agents across the country. It is a fun, lively group of Real Estate Agents that comes together to share ideas on what they are doing to grow their business, what is working, what isn’t working and even talking at times about how to protect themselves when showing homes to strangers. All Real Estate Agents are invited to participate and I highly recommend you do! Such valuable information is being shared every Tuesday and the camaraderie is inspiring! Check it out on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/hashtag/RealtorsUnite. When joining on Monday nights, all you have to do is find us using that link or the hashtag #RealtorsUnite.
The mission of #RealtorsUnite is:
The purpose of #RealtorsUnite is for #Realtors to have a forum to discuss issues we face, give support, and assist one another.
The topic for January 26th was about goals for 2015, what’s working and what’s not. It was a fantastic chat and for the first time our hashtag trended on Twitter!
Now onto the details of this chat
It is fun to see what is working for agents around the country. Everyone is doing a wide range of activities and it showed in this chat!
- Posting videos of listings on YouTube. Slideshow videos of the listing with music and includes all contact info. Directly uploading the videos to YouTube. You can add music and text, plus arrange photos all from their website. —Tonya Hicks
- Being consistent with social media. Biggest return is tweeting past 8pm. People are more actively engaged and reading my posts and my tweets at that time. —JenSMarketing
- Concentrating on getting hashtags right for social media marketing on Instagram and Twitter. Focus on your market and use those tags. Examples of ones I use are: Homebuying, home selling. I’ve worked with investors lately, target that! —Liz Tardo
- Primarily staying top of mind on Facebook without annoying friends and email marketing. —Matthew Coates
Tried & True Methods
- Consistent lead generation and strong follow up. —Ben Thurman
- I’ve been doing open houses and got two new buyers. I use the local mls and post it on postlets to advertise my open houses. And use many signs! —Jamie Melim
- Large postcards with a call to action. It’s generated good leads for us. We target certain neighborhoods one time per month, a different card each month. Next one is a ‘accurate home value’ mailer. —TeamClayton Realtors
- Also working on neighborhood domination. —Liz Tardo
- 1-3-5 each goal, exercising (makes me work on all kinds of things more), accountability partner. 1 big goal, 3 strategies to achieve it, 5 steps to each strategy. For more details check out their site. Paula Monthofer
- Consistent lead generation. And hardcore followup. Always works no matter what the market is doing. Contacting leads through a paid lead service and our database. If you’re not willing to generate (not just follow up) new leads everyday your business just won’t grow. Consistent cold calling on cancelled and expired homes. —Kevin Kauffman
A Word (“Woof”) About Branding
- I’m now being recognized as the “dog lady realtor,” so I guess my branding is helping with name recognition, lol! Just keeping the REAL in REALtor! Can’t be serious 24/7. Have to let people know you ENJOY and LOVE what you do! —Sheri Whitt
- I stopped assuming referrals would be automatic and I started asking for business. I’ve found when you are on purpose, doors open. —Tiffany Herrmann
- Live on purpose! ASK. You often receive! Don’t be an undercover agent! —Liz Tardo
- Greatest gift we can give ourselves! Know your worth and value. Open houses are working. Connect and showcase knowledge. Remind yourself what you bring to the table & remember people want to help when they see passion. Great motivator is envisioning someone less capable/talented having the opportunity you didn’t cease. —Tiffany Herrmann
What do you do to stay motivated?
- I write my goals out and post them where I can see them each day. —Ben Thurman
- Keep goals posted right in front of me where I see them every single day. —Sheri Whitt
- If I’m not being proactive I find myself generally unmotivated. —Matthew Coates
- Being proactive is key to success with just about anything. —Alan & Heather Davis
- 1. Understand that if I slow down so does my pipeline. 2. Surround myself with motivated encouraging peeps & be same. —JenniferOJenni
- Completely agree. You are the sum of the people you’re closest to! —Liz Tardo
A note about getting discouraged
- Motivation is easy for me but the hard part is not getting discouraged at times (lose a listing, etc) Love the business but when someone else gets the listing! Ugh! And when that agent’s marketing stinks? It’s even worse! I know they say you cant win ’em all but I give it my best shot! I get most but I’m greedy (aka “competitive”) —Jamie Melim
- That is rough. Think we’ve all been there. Keep your head up and keep being Awesome. It’ll come back around. That’s NOT greed. Knowing you have what it takes and not getting what you worked hard for sucks! —Liz Tardo
- I think it helps if everyone talks about having gone through it. It makes it less lonely. —JenSMarketing
- Yes! And one of the reasons we have this very chat! —Liz Tardo
My side note: I recently wrote a post called The Funk (and what to do about it.) If you are feeling down, please give this post a look.
What do you need to get to your goal?
Motivation. It’s about sincerely enjoying what you do & helping people achieve their goals. —Alan & Heather Davis
Consistency. And a clone. —Sheri Whitt
People people people. —Kevin Kauffman
Leverage through others seems to my biggest goal this year! Can not grow without great people. —Josh M. Boggs
Is the morning the key to success?
Many of us have read or are in the process of reading Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning. If you haven’t read it I highly recommend it! There is also a book just for real estate agents called The Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents.
- I have followed The Miracle Morning challenge and feel that keeps me sane. Meditation and mentally preparing for the day was a game changer. I’m more focused and calm when I start my morning right. —Liz Tardo
- Yes for me it is. Meditate, Devotional, Pray, Affirmations/Goals, Visualize, Exercise, Write. Amazing the day you can have when you start it with intent. —JenSMarketing
- Start my AM reading Millionaire Real Estate Agent and not hitting snooze, then shower. Bullet proofs my day! —JenniferOJenni
Monday’s chat was electric and it was fun to have new people join our chat. Please invite other agents to join us next Monday. Thanks to everyone that participated in this chat and especially our host tonight Liz Tardo!